Both me and Vladimir have spent several days in Milano in different time of the year, different seasons and together we came up with a list of things one must do when in the fashion capital of the world. Enjoy reading our list!
1. Explore the landmarks - of course you need to visit at least the most important and significant landmarks of the city and that's we put it as first on our list! Duomo Di Milano, Arco della Pace, Cairoli Castello and Teatro alla Scala are amust visit landmarks in Milano. Fortunately they are all located really close by to each other and you can visit them all in one day without even getting tired.
2. Go shopping in Rinascente - the mall that sells all of the luxury fashon brands you can think of. Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Versace, Prada, Tom Ford, Mont Blanc... you name it, it's there! Unfortunately you'll need pretty deep pockets to shop there but browsing in the mall is not forbidden so enjoy your time and get to know latest fashion trends and enjoy quality clothes and accessories. Maybe you can even find a good deal on something and buy yourself a nice treat without breaking the bank.
3. Drink Aperol Spritz at Terazza Aperolor Terraza 21 Martini at Duomo square - the very famous cocktail that consist of prosecco, Aperol and soda water. Consumed with a lovely view of the cathedral Duomo Di Milano in front of you. On a sunny day you can spent a lot of time there just sitting and admiring the magnificent cathedral, enjoying your cocktail.
4. Have gelato - no matter where in Italy you are you must have ice cream! The italians offer some of the best ice cream I have ever tasted! Rich milky taste very similar to the homemade one. You can find it on every corner, we had ours at the Duomo Di Milano square. And of course don’t forget to take a picture.
5. Spin on the Bull’s Balls – in the center of Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II (right next to Duomo di Milano) on the floor there is a bull. It’s said that if you can spin on your heel on the bulls balls someday you will return to Milano. A silly tradition but you can see many tourist doing this. It looks a little bit of funny watching it from aside but it’s a fun thing do to if you ever visit Milan.
6. Escape from the city in Parco Sempione – just few minutes away from Duomo di Milano you can enjoy a time off the crowd in this wonderful park. There is also a lunapark in the city park and if you visit Milano in summer you can enjoy a ride on the roller coaster and many other attractions.
7. Get on a tour bus – a great way to explore the city is with a tour bus. There are few such lines in Milani, but for a great price of a 22 euro per person you can switch lines and with one ticket rider on all buses. While we were there we missed our opportunity since it was freezing outside even though it was sunny buy we have that left to do when we come back. And we will since we successfully spinned on the Bull's Balls!
I'm planing on visiting Milano again, next thing to do there is try out the nightlife so my visit will be most probably during the summer, had enough of winter Milano already.